The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Varma Hospitals is dedicated to excellence in patient care, clinical and basic research on diseases affecting our patients. Our hospital heart surgeons have a long history of performing cardiac surgical procedures and of providing exceptional post operative care. We have performed more than 500 open heart surgeries since 2012. The department of cardiothoracic surgery is equipped with Modular operation theatre with 5 bedded ICU exclusively for post operative bypass surgery patients. Our experienced nursing staff have been providing excellent post operative care with state of the art facilities.
Our goal is to provide patients with the best possible surgical option for them, choosing from among the widest variety of treatments that we have specific expertise in:
• Adult cardiac surgery, including surgery for adult congenital heart disease and redo heart surgery
• Complex aortic surgery, including aortic dissection and the Ross procedure.
• Valvular heart surgery, including minimally invasive mitral valve repair and replacement.
• Surgical treatment of end-stage heart failure, including heart, lung, and heart-lung transplants and ventricular-assist devices.
• Thoracic trauma management.
• Congenital heart surgeries.